Monday, March 30, 2009

Introduction

Hello; my name is Abby and I'm a graduate student of Library Science at Drexel University. I am concentrating in Library and Information Services, and am interested in working in either a public or academic library. I currently work at one of the University of Pennsylvania libraries and a coffee shop in South Philly.
Some websites I enjoy viewing and using are:
UbuWeb
~links to experimental poetry, music, and film
Goodreads
~where I try to keep track of mainly the fiction and poetry I've read
Briarpress
~a great resource on one of my loves, and probably the topic for my final website project, letterpress printing

5 comments:

  1. I love letterpress printing! My fiancee has access to UArts equipment (and I have access through her). We've done some projects on Vandercook presses (mostly p-20, I think). What sort of presses do you use?

    This could be a good topic for the project, a nice contrast between letterpress and web site text.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any knowledge of letterpress printing, but the briarpress website is just gorgeous. I found a J that I just have to download, even though I really haven't any idea how I will use it! Thanks for introducing me to that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The UBUWebsite is definitely one that I should start checking out! (I see that they mention Momus - I knew a number of people during my undergraduate days who were fans of his music.)

    Perhaps you would be interested in making a similar site specifically focused on art in the Philadelphia area? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to Goodreads. As it is now, I spend much too much time on Amazon adding books to my wish list. I'm definitely going to be spending time on Goodreads and finding more books I want to read/add to my own collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet there is a lot that you could do with letterpress printing for your web project. I don't know anything about the subject. I would very interested to see what your perspective on the subject is.

    ReplyDelete