Monday, April 20, 2009

Blogging

This assignment of keeping a blog about our thoughts on our website project has been interesting for me. I consider myself a fairly private person and I've never had my own blog and I think it goes against my nature in a way. But, I am grateful that I've tried it. I do not feel the need to express my thoughts in such a public way. For me, privately journaling and/or discussing my thoughts with the people I am close to is sufficient and comfortable. But as a librarian, there may be a time when I need to keep a professional blog, so I am glad to have a little bit more experience with it for that reason. It has also been nice to have a venue for discussing our ideas and projects with my classmates and getting comments from them about my ideas. But the part of me that tends to value genuine human interaction live and in-person over interaction through digital mediums wonders why this couldn't gave been actual discussion since we are all in an in-person course together. One could argue there wasn't the time for it, but didn't college and graduate school make time for discussion and participation in the past before such technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment